We have been in Vancouver for 3 weeks now so I thought I would share some reflections on life here! Hoping to make this a regular occurrence on the blog over the coming months!
Reflections No 1
1. Driving around the entire city of Vancouver is easier and less stressful that driving around Sydney’s north shore.
2. Vancouver has had the coldest winter in 10 years and we arrived right in the middle of it. Three weeks later and the temperatures have gone from -6 for my morning walks to +6 and I am suddenly not thinking it is cold anymore! Looking at the rest of Canada though I am glad we moved to Vancouver as there are some seriously crazy low temperatures around (like where Sarah moved to!)!
3. Thank heavens for heated BMW seat and steering wheels! BMW air conditioning/heating on the other hand is a mystery.
4. Snow is beautiful and pretty and so great for photographing and we were so lucky to experience the snow in Vancouver – getting around after it has settled is however treacherous and the Vancouver footpaths are like ice skating rinks!I
5. Snow tires do not stop your car from slipping back down a hill if there is ice on the road! You know it is not good when your husband who is a confident driver says “Oh shit I have no control over this car” – very pleased the rain how now washed the ice away from our street and we can drive back up it again!
6. I have a new found appreciation for winter accessories as you get to wear them here! I am on the eternal search for a new beanie!
7. Canadians call beanies toques!