Happy Friday Everyone – I don’t know about you but I am thrilled that today is the last day of winter and that Spring has finally arrived! To celebrate the change of seasons Nicole from Pretty and Print is here today to share with us her latest Spring Printable Collection and is giving everyone a set of these for free!
Nicole says …
Some beautiful sunny days and warmer temperatures recently has reminded me the “Spring” is in the air. It really is favourite time of year:)
Why not welcome “Spring” with these ever so simple paper flower templates and gift tags that are yours to download and keep. Yippee! They are so easy to assemble, just trim the two sizes out , fold the petals up on the top flower and stick together.
The possibilities really are endless!
Give someone special a flower to keep, add some sunshine and sweetness to someones day by packaging up some Sweet Style Bons Bons and “Happy Spring” Gift Tag, use for gift wrapping, cut out lots of different blooms and make a great Spring Time dessert table backdrop or simply spread over a table for some gorgeous sping colour.
To download your own set of free printables follow the link here
Nicole Hanna is the owner, designer & paper whisperer behind Pretty & Print, which combines my love of pretty paper, printables, craft and all things design. Please pop by and visit me on Facebook to discover more paper inspiration, printables and creations.
I have been playing around with some cute fathers day favour ideas using the fabulous printables by Sarah from Style Me Gorgeous.
With lots of new mini glassware added to the Sweet Style store here a few cute ways to make up some little treats for dad this Sunday – they are also great little gifts to add to the school fathers day stall!
I really do have a thing for simplicity and these simple and pretty toppers can make a cake look perfect for any occasion. These gorgeous cake toppers are from the Potter and Butler range that you can find here on etsy! Which one is your favourite?
Hope you have a great Monday filled with lovely simple things.
Time to announce the winner of last weeks Friday Giveaway as well as share with you a little DIY courtesy of Bianca from Blush Loves Mint
Please email me to claim your prize of the gorgeous Tassel Garland by Blush Loves Mint
Today Bianca has also put together for us some cute little mini cakes with an adorable DIY hand made candle on top. Here is how she put these little cuties together.
Cake Mix and Cans
1. Remove paper from an empty can and make sure it is super clean on the inside. For this one I used whole tomato cans.
2. Line the inside of the can with baking paper, trace the bottom circle of the can and cut out the circle. You will then need an extra piece to line in entire inside of the can.
3. Preheat and follow your cake mix instructions.
4. Only fill the can half way or you will have an explosion of cake. ( yes i learnt this the hard way )
5. Once cakes are baked leave to cool for about 10 minutes in the cans, then take them out and cut them into as little or as many layers as you would like.
6. When layers are cut and cake has cooled you can fill the cakes with whatever filling you want. For these ones i made chocolate chip mousse with a little pink colouring. Then i decided the mousse wasnt enough on the inside i wanted to cover the whole cakes with the mousse, i didnt want to waste any of it!
I think this DIY is rather simple and easy to do in whatever way you would like to make it your own.
It a great idea for a party as everyone or every child can have their own personalised cakes!
Paper Straw Candles
To make these wonderful candles i used one paper straw in pink but you can use any colour , just cut it in half.
For the flame i used a pale yellow tissue paper that was a roughly a 15cm square that i rolled up and stuck into the top of the straw.
Now you dont need glue but you can use it , once tissue paper is in straw simple fluff it to get the effect of a flame.
I think they are a great idea especially for kids birthdays as they cant possible hurt themselves.
About Bianca ….
Bianca is the owner of online store Blush Loves Mint where she specialises in handmade paper decorations that are the perfect addition to any party, wedding or just to pretty up your home. You can find her website here or visit her on facebook here