Last week I have the pleasure of working with Lisa from Pretty Pedestals to put together this lovely Wedding Morning Brunch – the perfect way to start your wedding day with your bridesmaids and close family and I would say this would go down a treat for a morning wedding celebration as well.
Lisa has a beautiful collection of Vintage Cake Stands and Bowls that she hires out as well as special furniture pieces that look just wonderful with elegant stands on top. All that you see in the images below is available for hire plus so much more.
The food that we served was all super healthy and filled with loads of goodness to get you through your big day. Granola, Mini Pancake Stacks, beautiful fresh fruit and to drink a divine Apple Cocktail.
Today we are sharing one of the yummy Granola recipes but keep checking during the week as well will also be sharing the recipes for the other items in the coming days.
Pretty Pedestals is located in Sydney and if you head to my instagram or Facebook page you can go in the running to win a $200 Pretty Pedestals voucher for stand hire, simply by reposting or sharing the photo of the beautiful stands and tagging @sweetstyle and @prettypedestals using the hashtag #styleprettypedestals. You need to be able to collect and return from Pretty Pedestals in Sydney. Alternatively if you are not on Instagram or Facebook then please leave a comment here telling us how you would style these pretty pedestals
Lisa’s collection is second to none so if you have a party you are planning then join in the fun on instagram, Facebook or here on the blog. Winner will be announced on 30th September.
Alternatively visit Pretty Pedestals here to see more of their beautiful collection.
- - 4 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- - 3 teaspoons white chia seeds
- - 2/3 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- - Big pinch of sea salt flakes
- - 3 tablespoons extra virgin cold pressed coconut oil
- - 2 tablespoons extra virgin cold pressed macadamia oil
- - 1 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste
- - 2 ripe bananas mashed
- - 1 ½ cups of macadamia halves
- - ½ cup almonds halved
- - 2 cups organic unsweetened coconut flakes (available from health food stores)
- Preheat oven to 150 °C (300 °F). Line two large baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, chia seeds, pepitas and salt.
- In a small saucepan warm the coconut oil, macadamia oil and vanilla bean paste.
- Pour the warm oil mixture over the dry ingredients and add mashed banana. Stir until dry ingredients are well coated.
- Spread in a thin even layer on each baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes add macadamias, almonds and coconut flakes and cook for a further 20 minutes or until golden brown. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 months.
- - Cold milk (soy, dairy, almond, rice)
- - Natural organic yogurt sweetened with vanilla bean paste & rice malt syrup
- - Fresh or poached fruit
- - Pancakes or Crepes
- - On its own as a snack
Photography :: Leanne Ambrogio | Sweet Style
Cake Stands, Platters, Bowls, Sideboard all available for hire :: Pretty Pedestals