Another yummy sugar free recipe for you today! This time it is super healthy Coconut + Banana Cupcakes. I have been working with a wonderful nutritionalist lately so I can get my kids back on track with their eating and this is one of her many great recipes. There are really so many recipes to be found on the plethora of healthy eating, nutritional websites that are around. I will do a post next week sharing some great sites I have found to help you source low or no sugar baking ideas.
My nutritionalist tells me these guys are perfect for breakfast but I think they also work perfectly on a party table as really it is all about presentation when it comes to food – prepare them in a pretty cupcake liner and place them on a cake stand and you have an instant party. They are made with almond meal so make sure you check your guests for nut allergies. A great replacement to use in your baking is coconut flour so be on the look out for delicious recipes using this as an ingredient.
- 2 Cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup bicarb of soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbs arrowroot flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas mashed
- 3 tbs butter
- 3 tbs coconut milk
- 1 tbs rice malt syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 deg
- Place almond meal, bicarb, baking powder and arrowroot in a bowl and stir to combine
- In a separate bowl mix the eggs until pale and fluffy (I used an electric mixer). Add the mashed banana, butter, coconut milk and rice malt syrup to the eggs and combine
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Spoon batter into 12 cupcake liners
- Bake for 15 minutes or until set
Photography :: Leanne Ambrogio | Sweet Style