Pancakes – who doesn’t love pancakes! These delightful sugar free pancake stacks tasted amazing and when topped with the delicious Orange Blossom Syrup they went down a treat.
No excuse needed to whip these up this weekend! Don’t forget to visit the previous two blog posts here and here to see more photos and recipes from this beautiful Wedding Brunch I collaborated on with Pretty Pedestals – there is still time to enter the competition.
- - 2 free range eggs
- - ¼ cup organic rice malt syrup
- - 1 cup buttermilk
- - 1 ¼ cups self raising flour sifted
- - ¼ teaspoon bi-carbonate soda (baking soda)
- - pinch of salt
- Orange Blossom Syrup
- - 2 oranges
- - 3 tablespoons of organic rice malt syrup
- - ¼ teaspoon orange blossom water
- - 1 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste
- Beat eggs and rice malt syrup together until combined.
- Add buttermilk and beat for 1 minute.
- Gently fold in the sifted flour, soda and salt to make a smooth batter. Don’t overmix.
- Grease frypan with oil spray and heat on a low temperature.
- Add large spoonful of batter, turn when bubbles appear and cook on other side.
- In a small saucepan combine the zest of 1 orange, juice of 2 oranges, rice malt syrup, orange blossom water and vanilla bean paste.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer until sauce slightly thickens.
- Pour warm orange blossom syrup over pancake and top with granola or chopped pistachios. Serve with fresh ricotta with vanilla bean.
- o Pour batter into well greased round metal cutters or silicon egg rings. Batter will rise so only use a small amount.
- o As soon as bubbles start to appear, carefully run a knife around edge to remove the cutter or egg ring. Turn pancake and cook on other side.
- o Stack pancakes and secure with a toothpick.
- o Top with fresh date.
Photography :: Leanne Ambrogio | Sweet Style
Stands, Bowls, Platters, Furnture :: Pretty Pedestals