Yesterday I shared with you a Coconut, Macadamia and Banana Granola and today I have the second delicious granola we enjoyed during our wedding brunch celebration. The second one was Apple Pie Granola. So great for breakfast but also the perfect snack to nibble on during the day!
The fresh fruit that was also served included strawberries, apples and an amazing platter of oranges, blood oranges, limes & pistachio’s – so vibrant and beautiful to look at.
To find yesterdays recipe and also details about how you can win a $200 Pretty Pedestals voucher to spend on cake stand, bowl or platter hire please visit the post here.
- - 4 cups rolled oats (not quick oats)
- - 3 teaspoons white chia seeds
- - 2/3 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- - Big pinch of sea salt flakes
- - 1 ½ teaspoons of ground cinnamon
- - 2 tablespoons organic rice malt syrup
- - 2 tablespoons extra virgin cold pressed macadamia oil
- - 1 teaspoon pure vanilla bean paste
- - 1 cup unsweetened apple puree
- - 1 ½ cups of pecan halves
- - ½ cup almonds halved
- - 1 ½ cups organic dried apple cut into bite-size pieces
- Preheat oven to 150 °C (300 °F). Line two baking sheets with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together oats, chia seeds, pepitas, salt and cinnamon.
- In a small saucepan warm the rice malt syrup, macadamia oil and vanilla bean paste.
- Pour the warm oil mixture over the dry ingredients and add apple puree. Stir until dry ingredients are well coated.
- Spread in a thin even layer on each baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes add pecans and almonds and cook for a further 20 minutes or until golden brown. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Once granola has completely cooled, stir in dried apple.
- Storage: Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 months.
- - Cold milk (soy, dairy, almond, rice)
- - Natural organic yogurt sweetened with vanilla bean paste & rice malt syrup
- - Fresh or poached fruit
- - Pancakes or Crepes
- - On its own as a snack
Photography :: Leanne Ambrogio | Sweet Style
Cake Stands, Bowls, Platters :: Pretty Pedestals